Contact Us

National Guild of Hypnosis (NGH)

What is Hypnosis?

Hypnotherapy Training Course

Classes and Sessions

NLP Training

Train to be a Hypnotist




Enrolling Now

Workshop Seminars




What is Hypnosis?


Aspenwood Hypnotherapy Center—A Positive Approach
Hypnosis is a way to bring about positive change in your life and make life better.  Hypnosis helps center you and make you healthier mentally, physically, and emotionally.

How Well Does Hypnosis Work?  Well enough that the American Medical Association has endorsed it as an effective way to modify behavior since 1957.

A Comparison Study Results Printed in American Health Magazine Reports:

Psychoanalysis: 38% recovery after 600 sessions
Behavior Therapy: 72% recovery after 22 sessions

Hypnotherapy has a 93% recovery after 6 sessions

Your magnificent mind has such power. Your conscious mind makes up about 10 % of the total mind. The other 90% is the sub-conscious mind. Think of it as a large iceberg with about 10% above the water.   It is the other 90% that usually sinks the ship.  But, you can use your sub-conscious mind to drive you forward to attain what you want to accomplish.  To change behavior and to achieve your dreams.

Many people have preconceived notions about hypnosis that probably came from  movies, television or an experience with a stage show where people clucked like a chicken.  In actuality, hypnotherapy has been recognized by the American Medical Association as a beneficial therapy for emotional and physical needs since 1957!  It is a fun and rewarding way to lose weight, stop smoking or change other behavior.  An overall feeling of well-being, optimism and comfort are gained.  And there is nothing silly, superstitious, or goofy about it. You do not give away your control to the therapist.  Quite the opposite, you gain control and power to achieve what you want.

As hypnotherapists we work with you using our expertise and training, but all hypnosis is self-hypnosis so you, our clients, are very much aware and participating at all times during the sessions.  As your body relaxes your mind becomes hyper-alert and responsive to suggestions that will immediately benefit you.

In the November 19, 2008 issue of U S News and World Report there is an article entitled “Try Hypnosis and Counseling for IBS and Crohn's.”  The article sites a study where people who used hypnosis for digestive issues had improvement in 61% to 75%.  Whereas, only 7% of those not using it improved. Hypnosis is a very effective therapy.

Consider an Olympic Athlete. Do you think they say to themselves, "I'd like to go to the Olympics--but,  I probably wouldn't make it?"   No. They train and visualize and imagine themselves as winners.  In fact, 83% of Olympic athletes use hypnosis or some form of sub-conscious mind  therapy.  It works.  Try hypnotherapy for your team!  You can have unlimited sports success using the power of your mind to maintain a winning attitude, dissipate fears of injury, stop intimidation, increase endurance and perform at your best for every game.  The same goes for individual sports.  Golf, skiing, cycling etc. can be enhanced using hypnotherapy.

Some uses for hypnotherapy are:  weight loss, stress relief, improving self-worth, improving academic performance, removing harmful baggage from life, relationship enrichment, sports performance enhancement, pain relief, IBS or constipation relief, smoking cessation or falling asleep easily. The list goes on and on.